Championship round-up

Wolves opened up a five-point gap at the top of the Championship after beating Nottingham Forest. 
Michael Kightly's first goal since November was enough for the visitors to take a stranglehold on the title race with Birmingham being held to a draw at home to struggling Norwich. 
The Wolves goal came in the 76th minute as Sylvan Ebanks-Blake crossed from the right and the ball was laid back for Kightly to drill the ball home. 

Birmingham turned in another disappointing performance as they often looked second best to a Norwich side who started the day only a point off the drop zone. 
The Canaries were much the better team for most of the first half, and had the ball in the net in only the fourth minute, but Jason Shackell's effort was ruled out for a foul in the build-up. 
Norwich's failure to capitalise on their good spell came back to haunt them as Cameron Jerome scored with Birmingham's first shot on the goal in the 38th minute. 
The striker went up to challenge goalkeeper David Marshall and beat him to the ball for an easy finish, with Norwich's appeals for a free-kick in vain. 
However, the visitors were quickly back into the game after the break as Sammy Clingan scored with a fine free-kick that left Maik Taylor motionless on the line. 

Burnley kept up their play-off charge with a 2-1 win over Plymouth at Home Park. 
They took the lead in the 16th minute when Steven Caldwell got up to head home from Robbie Blake's cross but the visiting fans had their celebrations cut short as Plymouth responded almost immediately with Adam Judge firing home. 
It took until the 78th minute for the Clarets to get back in front as they Plymouth on the break with Blake running through to slot home, 

Preston remain on the outside of the play-off places looking in after being held to a goalless draw by rock-bottom Charlton at The Valley. 

And it was a similar story for Swansea, who remain five points off the play-offs after being held to a 0-0 draw by Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough. 

That was enough however to keep them just above QPR, who beat Bristol City 2-1 thanks to Adel Taarabt's first goal in English football. 
Jordi Lopez gave Rangers the lead in the 65th minute with a superb free-kick that gave Adriano Basso no chance in the City goal. 
And although Michael McIndoe equalised for the visitors 12 minutes later, on-loan Spurs man met Damien Delaney's cross for the winner nine minutes from time. 

Down at the other end, Southampton earned a point from a 1-1 draw at Blackpool. 
The hosts took the lead early on when DJ Campbell earned and scored a penalty, being brought down by Jan Paul Saeijs before firing in the spot-kick. 
However, Southampton's hopes were revived by a superb solo effort from David McGoldrick in the 69th minute as he picked up the ball on the edge of the area and beat two men before firing home. 

An outstanding goal from David Bell gave Coventry a 1-0 win over Doncaster as the visitors got it all wrong at the back. 
The Sky Blues had looked the better of the two sides in the opening stages and with 20 minutes gone Neil Sullivan came rushing out of his goal to clear Keiren Westwood's goal-kick straight to Bell, who finished superbly from 45 yards. 

Derby and Barnsley played to a goalless draw, as did Ipswich and Watford.