Not so good Saturday

Nottm Forest 2 - 1 Reading

Nottingham Forest extended their unbeaten league run to 18 matches and closed the gap on Championship leaders Newcastle with a victory over Reading.
Paul Anderson put the hosts 1-0 in front in the 11th minute before Robert Earnshaw struck in the 41st minute. 
Reading earned a penalty in an incident which saw Nicky Shorey sent off, but goalkeeper Lee Camp saved Brian Howard's 68th-minute spot-kick. 
Camp twice denied Simon Church before Jimmy Kibbe grabbed a late consolation.
The victory takes Forest to within two points of leaders Newcastle while Reading, fresh from their FA Cup giant-killing exploits against Liverpool in the week, plunge further towards the relegation zone following their sixth league game without a victory.

Nottingham Forest manager Billy Davies:
"We could have had four or five goals in the first half but only scored twice and that gave Reading the opportunity to come back at us. 
"It was a potential trapdoor for us playing against a side in a totally false position and they nearly made us pay in the second half. 
"If we had scored a third goal - as we should - it would have been a totally different type of game in the second half and it's a lesson for us to learn." 
Reading caretaker manager Brian McDermott:
"We were very disappointed with our first-half performance but we were much better in the second and I thought we should have got something from the game. 
"The Forest keeper was the man of the match and if we had scored 10 minutes earlier than we did, we would have got some reward. 
"But we nearly got something against a very strong and talented team who have a really good chance of going up this season."


Peterborough 0 - 3 Derby

DJ Campbell scored two to punish nine-man Peterborough and ease the pressure on manager Nigel Clough as Derby earned a first victory in five league matches.
The hosts were never in it after Craig Morgan saw red for a lunge at Campbell, and Ryan Bennett was then sent off for a professional foul on the same player. 
Steve Davies scored from the resulting penalty and Derby took total control. 
Campbell made it 2-0 on the follow-up after his initial shot was saved and then headed home to round off the win. 
Victory takes the Rams up to 18th in the table, seven points clear of the drop zone, and leaves Posh holding up the pack five adrift of safety. 
And the result was never in doubt after Morgan's senseless tackle on Campbell rightly brought about his early bath.

Peterborough manager Mark Cooper:
"I'm loath to condemn either the referee or my players involved after only seeing the incidents once in the heat of the moment. 
"Those dismissals changed a game in which we were playing really well and creating the best chances. 
"Even when down to nine men our effort and commitment was absolutely first class." 
Derby manager Nigel Clough:
"Their player's feet were off the ground for the first red card and DJ (Campbell) was through on goal with only the goalkeeper to beat for the second. 
"Obviously it was a big result for us. To go away and score three goals, collect three points and keep a clean sheet was very pleasing. 
"Although I don't think we played as well against nine men as we had against 11."